Saturday, October 20, 2007

WILLCOM Advanced W-ZERO 3 es review




I got the new Advanced W-ZERO3 es without a contract, and tested it out today. Overall, the device is a great device, although the keyboard took some time to get used to. compared to the smaller keyboard keys of W-ZERO3 es, it has become bigger, and is a little similar to the upcoming X01T by Softbank. Because the CPU has been upgraded to 520Mhz, and the device runs WM6.0, browser is robust and very easy to see.

Also, the screen is somewhat better than the W-ZERO3 es. The USB host functionality enabled me to use a portable USB keyboard, and I could use it on Word and many other programs. Since W-ZERO3 es has a integrated Wifi, It can do interenet on the go.

Great device, Sharp! I am looking forward for Willcom's new Windows Mobile device.

Tsubasa K. More detailed review to come soon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear the Advance doesn't come with a touch-stylus, even though the screen is a touch interface. Any confirmation on this? Sounds absolutely riduclous NOT to include a touch pen inside the phone.

Andrew Shuttleworth said...

I can confirm that. It does come with a tiny stylus on a key chain (and there is a hole to connect the key chain unlike some phones).

It is somewhat surprising but otherwise this really is a beautiful device. I'll be posting a fuller review later.

Unknown said...

My boss here has one of those and it certainly has a "wow" effect to it - even the "stylus" didn't seem too weird to me. Just too bad that it's a PHS device. I really thought about getting one myself with the flatrate, but as it will be completely useless outside of Japan I decided to pass on it.

Vored said...

I got one this week-end!

It appears impossible to install any software on it. I tried to install Skype or Yahoo Messenger but I got an error message saying that the software is invalid. I guess this is because Willcom forbid them. Is there any hack to bypass this protection?

They do not tell that in their advertisement or when they sell it. I consider I have been deceived.