Thursday, October 25, 2007

Motorola Q arrived from eBay!




I just got a Motorola Q from eBay just a few days ago, and this is my thoughts.

At first, I thought I would not like the keyboard similar to Blackberry devices, but I must admit I was wrong. It is actually a little easier to use than the Advanced W-ZERO 3 es, and it is pretty cool.

First off, I was a little confused about not being able to find the Explorer application, but on this device, it is called File Manager. I installed an application called viekaWordpad. It is a simple wordpad application able to edit html files. The only problem with this device is that it lacks wifi, and you can't be able to use the device in Japan due to radio frequency and technology differences. (The Motorola Q uses GSMCDMA ).

I heard rumors that you can use miniSD wifi if you put the AC adapter.... This got me thinking of ideas...

More review coming soon.

1 comment:

spinitch said...

MOTO Q9 - UMTS version works with DoCoMo SIM card and presumably Softbank, have not tested. Think need to obtain one with SIM lock disabled.

Japanese fonts are available so can at least read messages. Still trying to figure out how to do input. JWPce ARM version allows hiragana and katakana input but can not cut or paste.

Can SMS to DoCoMo or international users but not KDDI-au?