Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Motorola Q and Motorola Q 9h Review





In my previous post, I posted about the Motorola Q that I ordered from eBay and that it arrived safely here in Japan. I played around with the Motorola Q some more, and I must say I like the device very much. I still think it was a bad idea that Motorola decided to drop Wifi on both devices, although the 9h and Q has Bluetooth.

Yesterday, I met up with Andrew and borrowed the Motorola Q 9h to review.

One cool thing about the 9h is that it has a light sensor to automatically turn off the keyboard back light when it is in a lighted room. It turns on the back light of the keyboard when it is in a dark room.

The 9h's overall design is better, because it is black, and the keyboard is now flatter, but bigger and easier to type. The 9h is slightly wider but it fits in the jacket pocket well. The advantage of these devices is that it is quite thin, unlike the X01HT from Softbank, so you can carry around without feeling its weight.

Also, the Motorola Q 9h works in Japan, although for some reason, Japan was not listed in the carrier list in automatic configuration.

Also, I scanned for Bluetooth devices in Saikyo-Line going to Ikebukuro, and I was surprised to find a lot of devices! Mostly Softbank SH phones, but I found one Nokia E61.

1 comment:

@mullaguru said...

Hi can you tell me if q9h wokrs on softbank and how to set it up?
Thanks a ton for your help.