Monday, August 20, 2007

Quick Japan Market Update & My 1st WM Standard Experience


We are still waiting for the X02HT and the XO1T from Softbank to hit the shelves.

The W-ZERO3 es Advanced - Japan's first WM 6 device has hit the shelves to the delight of many users.

No news of other note. I have been given chance to try out a Moto Q 9h (WM6 Standard) - my first non-touch screen device. It's not a Japan device but works (for voice, no data) with a DoCoMo or Softbank SIM. I was expecting to be disappointed 'downgrading' Pro, but am really enjoying it so far. The size and simplicity compared to a WM Pro device makes it really easy and efficient to use. I occasionally tap the screen by mistake but am getting used to it. Unless I've missed it, I'm surprised not to find a notes application and I will really miss that. The quick dial features are nice. It handles 4000+ contacts very well. Now wondering whether the X02HT or the X01T should be my next device.

3 comments:

@mullaguru said...

are you sure we cant access internet using this phone on softbank?

Andrew Shuttleworth said...

My understanding is that you wouldn't be able to get data access officially through Softbank. They don't release the necessary access point details.

Unofficially it may be possible if you can get hold of the correct details.

Bob K said...

Thanks Andrew, this article was helpful. So if I am willing to live with voice only, I should be able to use most any 3G WM6 phone? Do I have to look for one that specifically says it has "W-CDMA", or would just "3G" be sufficient? I currently use DoCoMo FOMA.